My friends keeps asking me, "How was African Fashion Week?", and I often take a breath and share what it was like in my eye and how it remains within my heart.
AFRICAN Fashion Week TORONTO, was nothing less than magical. It was held at the Japanese Cultural Centre, which provided a perfect arena to showcase what our Canadian, European, American, and even Trinidad and Tobago designer's have to share with us.
Fantastic, colourful and talented vendors! Must bring cash, as you will be surprised with the reasonable prices. These women and men work so hard to make these very personal and soulful "one of kinds", seriously..., your head would spin and all you want to do is just touch and look at the brilliance, and precise craftsmanship.
I asked a vendor why her pieces were so affordable? She graciously responded with, " It's for everyone, and especially for our people." I was touched. RIGHT THERE, I knew I was somewhere special.
From the moment I walked into the building, I was greeted with a pleasant smile, and a flow of warm energy. It just felt different.
(..thank you to all photographer's and volunteers for your help )
The importance of this event is monumental. This was their FIRST show! I was shocked that a city so rich in colour, hasn't started this YEARS ago!
So, SEASON 1...??!!!
...I knew you all I felt that way because I couldn't stop smiling. The talent right from, Day 1, The Student Competition Show, to Day 3, showcasing more talented designers worldwide, was simple OUTSTANDING!
Thank you, Ebony Bell and talented team!
( more, images in the works.)
#afwt2013 #passion #dedication #love #respect #believe #grateful
AFRICAN Fashion Week TORONTO, was nothing less than magical. It was held at the Japanese Cultural Centre, which provided a perfect arena to showcase what our Canadian, European, American, and even Trinidad and Tobago designer's have to share with us.
Fantastic, colourful and talented vendors! Must bring cash, as you will be surprised with the reasonable prices. These women and men work so hard to make these very personal and soulful "one of kinds", seriously..., your head would spin and all you want to do is just touch and look at the brilliance, and precise craftsmanship.
I asked a vendor why her pieces were so affordable? She graciously responded with, " It's for everyone, and especially for our people." I was touched. RIGHT THERE, I knew I was somewhere special.
From the moment I walked into the building, I was greeted with a pleasant smile, and a flow of warm energy. It just felt different.
(..thank you to all photographer's and volunteers for your help )
The importance of this event is monumental. This was their FIRST show! I was shocked that a city so rich in colour, hasn't started this YEARS ago!
So, SEASON 1...??!!!
...I knew you all I felt that way because I couldn't stop smiling. The talent right from, Day 1, The Student Competition Show, to Day 3, showcasing more talented designers worldwide, was simple OUTSTANDING!
Thank you, Ebony Bell and talented team!
( more, images in the works.)
#afwt2013 #passion #dedication #love #respect #believe #grateful



0 Yorumlar