I published this yesterday, but I guess the title wasn't obvious enough because I had an irritatingly small amount of feedback. So, trying again on the real Valentines Day... PLEASE ask me for a DVD, I really want to share them. I mean, come on! He's not that bad, please give his movies a try???? Pretty please with sugar on top???
***
I was feeling a bit mopey this week about the fact that, give or take a few very willing guinea pigs, I haven't managed to convince too many people yet that Dirk Bogarde is a marvelous actor. I've realized that this is partially because it's incredibly hard to find copies of his movies in America, so nobody can really watch his films to find this out!
I know, you've heard me rant and rave about the stupid Region 1/Region 2 thing way too many times on this blog, but the truth is unless you have an all region player or are seriously determined to track down Region 1 British DVDs in America, you are probably missing out on a lot of great movies and actors.
So for Valentine's Day I've decided to share my love of Dirk Bogarde movies in a totally different way. Writing reviews of his films is all well and good but if you can't see the darn thing after I write about it, I'm not helping to expand his fan base any, am I?
My Valentine's Day gift to you is your choice of any Dirk Bogarde film from my collection, totally free. Just send me an email at silentsandtalkies@yahoo.com with your movie choice & an address, and I'll mail you a copy next week. Or, if you'd like you can just give me a random idea of what genre you like and I'll pick one out as a surprise!
Hopefully seeing one of his movies will whet your appetite for more, and you'll finally be interested when I do Dirk Bogarde posts here :) I really want to share my enthusiasm with you and help Dirk Bogarde gain some more fans, rather than boring you all to death with my constant posts about him!
Here is my list of Dirk Bogarde movies for you to choose from -- if I wrote a review of the movie, I've linked to it in the title:
Dancing With Crime (1947)
Esther Waters (1948)
Quartet (1948)
Once a Jolly Swagman (1949)
Dear Mr. Prohack (1949)
The Blue Lamp (1950)
So Long at the Fair (1950)
The Woman in Question (1950)
Hunted (1952)
Penny Princess (1952)
The Gentle Gunman (1952)
Appointment in London (1952)
Doctor in the House (1953)
Simba (1955)
Doctor at Sea (1955)
Cast a Dark Shadow (1955)
The Spanish Gardener (1956)
Night Ambush (aka Ill Met by Moonlight) (1957)
Doctor at Large (1957)
Campbell's Kingdom (1957)
A Tale of Two Cities (1958)
The Wind Cannot Read (1958)
The Doctor's Dilemma (1958)
Libel (1959)
The Angel Wore Red (1960)
Song Without End (1960)
The Password is Courage (1962)
(The picture freezes a few times)
The Mind Benders (1962)
I Could Go On Singing (1963)
Doctor in Distress (1963)
The Servant (1963)
Hot Enough for June (1964)
The High Bright Sun (1964)
Darling (1965)
Modesty Blaise (1966)
Accident (1967)
Sebastian (1968)
The Fixer (1968)
Justine (1969)
Permission to Kill (1975)
Despair (1978)
Happy Valentine's Day!!

0 Yorumlar