Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ANYONE IN THE MOOD FOR ROMANCE?

Hi, All,

Happy Friday everyone. I hope some exciting weekend plans are in store for you!

As you can see today is my FIRST entry into the Romantic Friday Writer's Group. My dear friends, Denise Covey and Donna Hole, are the fore runners for this challenge. What fun, right?

As most of you know, I am NOT a romantic writer by trade, although I do consider myself an romantic.

This is the first bit of writing I have done in a while, so I hope you are all patient with me. It's hard getting back in the saddle, if you know what I mean.

If you have time I hope you will have a chance to hop around to the other's posting today. You can visit them through Denise's or Donna's blogs. Denise explains beautifully how this challenge and the group came about.

So here is my Flash Fiction of about 375 words... max is 400... I hope you enjoy it.

Have a great weekend everyone!


Jason wrinkles his nose as noxious fumes swirl through his sinus, setting his nose hairs to attention.
Several beads of sweat journey from his forehead, down his neck, and settle into the moist cleavage of his chest. 
"You missed a spot directly over your head." Shannon points the slim finger of  her left hand in the general direction as a flash of blue fire stuns Jason.
He wobbles a bit on the eight foot ladder as drops of white paint splatter partially onto Shannon's blonde hair, adding unnecessary highlights. 
"Will you please be careful ... geez you're clumsy." Scowling, Shannon wipes the paint from her head. 
"Sorry honey." Jason steadies himself and grins, catching his fiancé's eye. 
"Why are you grinning like that?"
A deep laugh escaped his sweaty throat. "You're cute when you get mad."
She rolls her eyes, glances at the glittering diamond, and then raises her head. "Why on earth did I agree to marry you?"
Jason smiles broadly, flexes his bulging bicep, and locks his eyes on Shannon's. "Because I am grade A prime beef ... that's why."
Shannon's eyes work their way up and down Jason's hard, ripped body, glistening with sweat.
She raises an eyebrow. Is that all there is to this? Surely there’s more ... isn’t there?
She stares back into Jason’s chiseled face. He’s still grinning with perfect, white teeth. A cold chill races up her spine. She shakes it off. “How much longer? You really need to finish painting today if we plan to move the furniture in by tomorrow.”
Jason flicks a bead of sweat off his brow. “Not to worry. I’ll finish.”
Shannon turns and heads toward the kitchen. 
“Hey, Shan.”
Shannon looks back over her shoulder. “What is it?”
“Can you grab me a beer? I know it’s early but ...”
“It is early. It’s not even noon yet.”
Jason lowers his head and the spark in his eyes dull. “Ah, maybe an iced tea then? I’m really thirsty.”
What’s wrong with me? Isn’t he the man I love? She takes a deep breath. “Of course. I’ll be right back.”
Shannon steps into the kitchen, watching Jason through the pass through as he continues to paint. She shakes her head and sighs. “Can I go through with this?”

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar