Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Here I Am Again

I have been unwell.  Paul and I were both hit by a nasty flu-like bug that left us with a cough, chronic fatigue and loss of appetite.  I even stopped drinking wine!  Today I am starting to feel more like my usual self again.  The weather here hasn’t helped, cold and wet.  Poor Rick has been a very soggy doggy but he does enjoy being rubbed down with a warm towel when he gets home from his walk.  Well, who wouldn’t?  The trick is to catch him before he gives himself a massive shake and splatters the wall with mud.

We have tried and failed to get Rick to walk to heel on the leash without pulling.  Finally, as a last resort, we bought him a Gentle Leader, a collar that goes around his nose as well as his neck.  It’s not a muzzle, he can still bark but it stops him from lunging forward. It works like a dream and he doesn’t seem to mind it at all.  It’s great for walking in traffic and busy areas when you want good control; we will use his other harness and loose lead when we’re in quieter places.  I certainly feel more confident that he won’t catapult me into space now.

Kat is flying out to Cyprus today for a two month posting. I think she is going to enjoy that sunshine. I have asked her for regular updates but I'm usually the last to hear about her escapades. I really must stop being an inquisitive mum and living vicariously through my children.  Now, I wonder what Sarah is up to in Australia....



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar