Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Souper dooper love.....

I may not, like Uncle Monty in Withnail and I, believe the cauliflower more beautiful than the rose, however turning this....

 into this......
has now become my January obsession.

I cannot give credit where it is due for this recipe as I ripped it out of a magazine long ago and have forgotten which, but it is utterly delicious and so, so simple.

Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower and Almond Soup
Fry 1 onion chopped up in olive oil then add 1/2tsp of ground cinnamon, cumin and coriander and 2 tbsp harissa and fry some more for a few minutes. Then add a cauliflower chopped into small florets for several minutes more until almost cooked through. Then add 50 g flaked almonds and stir(at this point you can eat it as a vegetable dish....) then add up to a litre of stock depending how big your cauli is, cover and cook for 20 mins then blend until smooth (I leave it with a little texture). Swirl in a little extra harissa and natural yogurt if you fancy.... so good and so cheap.

Top tip: I don't know why a film about two fairly unpleasant blokes and a load of drumming...repetitive drumming...is so brilliant it just is, don't miss Whip Lash....



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar