Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Makings of a Vignette. . .

Yesterday I went for a hair cut.  Afterwards I thought I would stop off at our local thrift.  Bet you can’t guess what I was hoping to find. . .yup, another picnic hamper.

Well, didn’t find that, but soon I was tossing a few items into my cart.

As I headed out to the yard area to see if there was any other special ‘junk’ I glanced into my cart.  I realized that I had the makings of a fun vignette.  And yes, I did find something fun in the yard that I will share later.

This is just a little ‘sneak peek’.

IMG_1938

I found this large tray for $1.50

IMG_1934

The little glass (whatever) I thought I would use as a mjni cloche and the bottle with the silver trim were both $.50

IMG_1935

I knew right away that this $3 candlestick would be great for Halloween.

IMG_1937

Not wanting to wait I thought I would throw together a Fall vignette.

This morning two of my friends and I went to an estate sale.  Afterwards we stopped by T.J. Maxx.  I told myself that I was ‘NOT’ going to buy Fall or Halloween!

Well, guess who had to eat their words.

IMG_1940

I bought a pumpkin and an owl. . .but look how cute they are!  At $9.99 ea. I couldn’t resit.  I love the plaid fabric and the wooden stem on the pumpkin.  And those owl eyes, sigh!

My friend Peggy gave me a belated birthday gift.  It was a wire basket full of goodies.  Tied to the top was this sunflower and burlap.  I wrapped the stem with a piece of green ribbon and added it and a couple of numbers to the pumpkin.

I googled to see when the first day of Autumn was.  Wouldn’t you know that it is Sept. 22nd.  Darn, I only had one #2.  So I did the next best thing, 30 days till Autumn.  Really though, I think I will change it to a 9 for Sept.  Doubt I will count down the days.  Oh, and I forgot to mention that I got a baggie of the wooden numbers at T.J’s for $2.

IMG_1946

I added some acorns and berries inside the cloche, a paper feather, and a piece of parchment  paper that I slightly curled the ends.

IMG_1947

I love mixing the old with the new.

All sitting atop my thrifted tray.  Easy Peasy. . .A Fall vignette!

IMG_1944

I just played with it a little today.  It won’t come out until September.  Who knows, by then it may change a little.

IMG_1945

Don’t you love it when something comes together that easy?

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with :

Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Friday

Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday

Rose Chintz Cottage fro Home

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar