Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Using The Freezer

About this time of the year, every single year I might add, I panic when I realize how little of the frozen foods I used during the winter so I start a flurry of cooking from the freezer. Reckoning day is close at hand, since berries will be available soon and then it is just a steady progression of fresh seasonal fruits and veggies.  I know me well enough to know I will restock the freezer as soon as stuff starts coming in, so I have to have an extraordinary amount of outgo in the next couple of weeks.  Tonights meal allowed me to get rid of a couple of things I had living there, even though I do think it is a little to springlike to be eating this.  Oh well, I got rid of inventory at least!

Corn Souffle w/Ham



1 ish cups of chopped ham (I had 2 hunks of ham frozen and chopped it was close to 1 cup)
2 1/2 cups corn kernels (mine were frozen but drained canned would also work fine)
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup milk (I used kefir because I am reactivating my kefir grains and don't want to drink it yet)
2 tablespoons flour (you could also use a couple of tablespoons of cornbread mix instead of flour)
1 small onion chopped
1 small sweet red pepper (I used it more for color than taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Grease a 9x9 baking dish and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix everything in a big bowl and stir well to combine.  Pour into the prepared pan and bake until the center is set.
I served this with a green salad and cherry tomatoes and steamed asparagus.  It is an odd combination but the greens needed to be eaten tonight and Sprouts had beautiful asparagus for 98 cents a pound, so I bought a ton of it.  We are going to be eating a lot of asparagus this week.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar