Hello there dear hearts..
How are you doing?
Today is ending up with a lovely sun shining although we started out with a cold grey one..
Our Spring seems to be progressing rather slowly but there has not been any snow so that is fine.
Here are a few pics of everyday doings..
Starting more sprouts growing..
Ran out.. again..
I need to start a bottle half way through the one I am working on.. smile..
A trio of sweet bowls I picked up at the thrift stores yesterday..
I have a thing for bowls and these ones are small and come in so handy...
Tonight for supper we had an old standby..
Pasta with minced beef and tomato sauce..
Then of course another loaf of bread had to be made..
We were trying to figure out how many loaves of bread that we buy per month and I think perhaps we might buy 2..
Only 1 ... or 2...
A loaf lasts here for 3 days unless we have company as I try not to eat it..
I do eat lots of salad, though..
Here is a new recipe for salad dressing for you..
SPICY TOMATO VINAIGRETTE ..
In a pint size mason jar combine the following..
1 cup of tomato juice
1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 cup of olive or canola oil
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
a few shakes of hot pepper sauce
1 tsp. sugar
Place the cover on your jar and shake really well..
Keep in the fridge..
A really nice change and it keeps well for a couple of weeks..
You can add hot sauce to taste..
We had some company for dinner after church on Sunday..
The little guys were thrilled that Grandpa found an antler in the garden...
Such sweet lads..
Above you may note my messy book shelves..
It was a good thing I took the picture as I decided they were a definite priority to clean..
Still not great but so much better..
What is a house without books?..
The more the better in my opinion..
As I was browsing through the bookshelves at a thrift store yesterday I overheard a lady telling another one that they were not making any more books and that the publishers were all closing down..
GASP...
That is not even funny..
Could you imagine a world without books..
Just computer type things?
I don't even want to think about it myself..
Do you like to read real books the best?
I know that there are times that an ereader would come in handy but when I want to relax with a book I need to feel it in my hands and smell the paper and ink..
And I don't want to adjust if you know what I mean..
I have been in love with books my whole life..
Every room in this house has a stash somewhere in it..
On a bookshelf or closet space or in a suitcase under the bed or piled on the window seat or stashed in an old ottoman..
Mercy...
They are part of my decor.. smile..
When Terry and I first married we had a couch with a skirt on it..
Remember those?
Well..
He had not met a bookworm before..
The poor man could not relate to it at all..
He thought it was a perfect waste of time and when you are married with a couple of kids as far as he was concerned reading came at the bottom of the list..
I practically wore out the skirt of the couch from sweeping my books underneath it when I would hear him at the door.. grin..
But...
The years passed by and he came to realize that me reading was almost the same as breathing and he came to grips with it.. smile..
Now...
Forty some years later he takes me to the books stores and buys me books and magazines..
Even suggests that we stop by the library..
Such a dear man.. smile...
One of the most best feelings I have is when I have a stack of books waiting for me..
Are you like that?
Well, I have gone on long enough for this time..
As you can see I take book reading seriously..
How about you sweet ladies?
Do you read and what is your favorite type of book?
I love the Word of God and it blesses me daily..
I also love to read and learn...
One of the blessings of my life I would say..
Thanks for your visit and can't wait to hear your comments on the book questions..
God bless...
LINKED TO...FLAUNT IT FRIDAY

0 Yorumlar